Wednesday 29 July 2015

Like It Or Nautical

I have a deep, abiding love for all things black and white. Particularly when it comes to my wardrobe. I'm not sure how happy I am about it, though. Every time I step into a shop, I remind myself that my wardrobe is begging pitifully for more colour. And an hour or so later I walk away with more black and white stuff. Always.

A few days ago I had set aside a rather battered pair of flats to be thrown / given away. But then last night, for some reason, I decided to try my hand at jazzing it up. I used a simple tape resist method - hey, if it is something my 3 yr old can do, I should be able to pull it off. And the results were brilliant!

Materials Required

1) Shoes

2) Acrylic paint and brush

3) Scotch tape

How To Go From Boring To Ba-Da-Boom!

Tape off sections on your shoe. I tried to keep the lines even, although asymmetrical would look gorgeous as well. Now all you have to do is fill in the spaces between the scotch tape with a colour of your choice

You may need a couple of coats of paint, depending on how you want your shoes to look. Just give each coat at least an hour to dry before you layer another one on top.

And this is what I ended up with. Not bad for an easy peasy craft with stuff lying around the house.

Not. Bad. At. All!

I'm madly, MADLY in love with them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment